Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One precious little week

Rand is doing awesome! Last night he slept 12 hours and woke up 2 times to eat.... not too shabby! I slept too... best sleep I've had in a week. He loves to be held and actually let me lay him in his crib for a nap today which is a HUGE step. His brothers love him! But who wouldn't?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I've had the hardest time getting good pictures of him. He always wants to be sucking on his fingers or a pacifier. Not too pretty for photos! 

This one I like to call "seriously mom?"

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This week has been a blur. I wish I could bottle this time. He is already beginning to lose his newborn look. His cord hasn't fallen off yet, but I'm sure it will soon. Sadness :(  It makes me want another baby already.

I'm doing great! An easy delivery makes for easier recovery, but it's definitely taking me longer this time around. Probably because I'm so old! What makes it hard is trying to stay on our schedule with Rand's constant demands. We're lucky that he likes his carseat, otherwise, life would be extremely difficult running the other three boys around. The hormones are the worst! I feeling like crying for the stupidest reasons and then I just have to laugh at myself. I also started "overdoing it" a little earlier than I normally do and I have to remind myself to take it easy. But other mothers will probably agree how difficult it is to stare at a mess when you're trying to rest! Ya, not very "restful" at all.

The Relief Society is bringing meals in. I have always turned this down thinking that it was unnecessary (story for another time). But can I just say that I LOVE IT! With 4 kids and a healing body, it's hard to remember to take care of myself. But that little extra time everyday, when I don't have to cook dinner, makes a HUGE difference. I get all choked up just thinking about how much I appreciate it. Not to mention the food has been wonderful :P

3 comments:

Melissa said...

ohhh he's so precious!!! i can't wait to meet him!!!

The Wells said...

so cute. where did you get his hat?? I want to make on. I think I need you to take detailed pictures of the hat so I can study it.

Joni and John said...

He is just precious! Congratulations Emily! And just look past the mess and snuggle in bed with Rand. You've done the mom thing longer than I have of course- but just from my perspective- you can always clean, but time with a newborn is like a blink of an eye! Seeing these pictures makes me a little sad Sam has gotten so big! Rand is so adorable!