Monday, December 12, 2011

Mr. Muggins

That's what you get when you let the boys name the elf whatever they want. With a little too much influence from the movie, "Elf" this year, they named our elf on the shelf "Cotton-headed ninny muggins." I call him Mr. Muggins for short. He's a nice elf with brown hair and blue eyes. He finds pretty good hiding spot while the kids sleep at night, but he has yet to stump them. I think he needs to try just a little harder :)

The dining room light, not too shabby of a hiding spot. It took the kids a long time to find you that morning, Mr. Muggins.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The fruit bowl, this would be good if me kids never ate fruit.

The art-deco lattice work in our totally 70s house

Real original Mr. Muggins, the Christmas tree, really?

And right next to the Wii? Like they don't look there? C'mon, get more creative

Hanging off a picture frame? A little better....

Irregardless, it's been quite the fun tradition to start this year. When they're fighting or acting up, I simply have to say, "Mr. Muggins is watching you" and they shape up pretty quickly. Does anyone know where I can get some coal? I'm seriously thinking about making these for their stockings....

3 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Cute! I think we might have to go get one of these for next year....

Becky said...

I totally want an elf on the shelf! Marley would love it...maybe next year!

There is a coal mine close to my in-laws and coal will drop off the trucks when they round the corners. We got some last year and gave a little to each of my siblings with and actual gift as well. I think Peter was a little bitter. HA!

Sandy said...

What a darling post. Coming your way for the Steven Jensen wedding. make the weather beautiful. We are staying in Carmel.