Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Made it through another Halloween!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The boys asked what the "real meaning of Halloween" was the other day, I felt like saying, "it's a holiday that's just for kids to act like someone else and get a stomach ache from sugar overload." I mean why do they even go to school? Here in Pacifica it's quite different than it was in Salt Lake City. Here the entire day is a party, the kids get out of school early and two of the kids even had their homework cancelled. I mean, it's HUGE here! So much fun for kids. So much work for parents. In Utah, their school did practically nothing for Halloween. No costumes. NADA.



Yesterday, we did 3 parades and 3 school parties. Mr. My Three Sons didn't have school so he LUCKED out and got to help tag-team the parades. So sad that the camera cant be in two places at once! Poor Cooper was ninja at school, but got teased so ended up changing into Dad's wizard costume for the night.




After the evening festivities, we walked in the front door, showered the boys, sent them to bed and watched Gold Rush until midnight instead of cleaning up the Halloween mess. So guess what mom is doing today? Blogging! Okay, so this post will take like 10 minutes, then I'll clean before I lose my mind. Then I'm off to do a project. I was thinking of this for my barren-walled living room. We'll see how it turns out.



3 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow! I'm surprised you guys survived. That sounds like a super intense day...

Becky said...

That does sound busy! But SO fun! Cooper got teased about being a ninja!?! Whaaat!? Well, he looked cool as both a ninja and a wizard. Love the halloween bags!

Joni and John said...

Ninja's are awesome and mean kids suck! Your kids were adorable- and I am glad you survived such a crazy day while pregnant!