Today we absorbed a bit of local Pacifica history (and passed off some stuff for scouts).
"The Sanchez Adobe was constructed between 1842 and 1846 by Francisco Sanchez, owner of Rancho San Pedro and one-time alcalde of San Francisco. Sanchez was a leader of Mexican California who led volunteers against United States forces at the Battle of Santa Clara.
Sanchez raised cattle for the hide-and-tallow trade. When ships came to California, Sanchez could trade his hides for manufactured items. Known as the “California Dollar,” hides could be made into clothes, shoes, and saddles. Tallow or cow fat was made into soap and candles."