Monday, June 13, 2011

awe a woman from the career of her humor

"Shall quips and sentences and these paper bullets of the brain awe a man from the career of his humor?"
--Billy Shakespeare

i was telling the hubby last night, "i wish that i didn't get so worked up about some things." i was created completely backwards. major stuff, i seem to handle better. minor stuff is like a thorn in my side.

like last night, i could hardly enjoy watching one of our favorite shows, Dog, The Bounty Hunter, with said hubby because i kept thinking about:
  • the stupid rebate situation from verizon that i'm trying to get worked out
  • the stupid canon situation
  • the cavity that i know i have
  • doctor's appointments that need to be made
  • bills that are due (why are there so many?)
  • as always, the "monday" do-list
i emailed myself at midnight last night, wrote it all down, so i wouldn't forget, so that i could fall asleep. and there is so much more than mentioned above. i'm feeling much less crusty, since i've made a huge dent in mr. crusty list. but still, i need to learn to cope better because there are always going to be these minor things to worry about.



they're never going to go away. i cherish those moments where is nothing to worry about. those moments where you take a deep breath and smile on the inside.

so i ask all the pros out there, how do you cope?

3 comments:

Jade said...

I don't consider myself a pro, but I have found that the busier I am, the more I get done. That is why I pile it on.

Becky said...

I could have written this post because I am EXACTLY the same way. I'm a certified basket case most of the time...especially lately. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one though.

Parkin Family said...

Zoloft. Amen.