Saturday, May 28, 2011

In Memory....

the boys and i went to the Golden Gate cemetery to place flags on all the graves.



it hits me when i hear the patriotic music of the bagpipes coming down from the hill.

and for the next 30 minutes or so, my eyes are wet with tears, the lump in my throat makes my voice crack and i'm overwhelmed by the sacrifice so many have made for our country and the everyday freedoms we take for granted. i'm overwhelmed by the people who show up to pay their respects. it's just awesome.




okay so i'm a sap. i still cant say the pledge of allegiance or sing the national anthem without that lump pushing against my throat.

and it just breaks my heart to see people have disrespect for our heroes. the same people who are exercising the same freedoms these people died for.

<----- click on mace for more photos


for your memorial day weekend down time, i highly recommend this movie. if you're a sap like me, you'll cry through the whole thing, but it's worth it!

2 comments:

Julie J. said...

That movie looks good. I'll have to check it out. I went to the photo blog, great pictures. I tried to comment but I got stuck in a two page cycle between sign in and word verification. After ten rounds of doing both over and over I gave up. Here's my comment:
Is this cemetary in San Bruno? If so, that is where my Gradpa Alger is buried. It's a cool place.

Emily said...

Yes, it's the one in San Bruno. It's a cool place ;) Too bad your comment didn't work on my photo blog.... you would have been the first one! lol I took of the word verification and made the comment window a pop up like this one... maybe that will help... people who comment are the bomb!