Monday, May 9, 2011

Crusty Monday Morning Musings

in talking with Mr. My Three Sons last night, i realized most poignantly that i despise waking up.

i envy "morning people." and it's to you i make my plea. how DO you enjoy it? i tried the "do it for long enough and it'll become habit" thing. yeah 5 months of waking up at 5 am, and mr. habit never showed so i gave up.

i love my bed. i love to sleep. at night when i fall into my bed, a big smile spreads across my face and it's like falling in love all over again, everyday.

then the morning bells ring and it doesn't matter if i slept 12 or 2 hours, i never want to get up. i just want to stay there and go back to sleep. and it's soooo much harder when it's dark. and cold.

on the days i do get up early for no reason (it happens, like once a year, but it happens!) i do love it, i get so much accomplished and i feel great. but how, pray-tell, do you get over the HUMP of waking up?

because i don't like it.

DISCLAIMER: i'm a happy person. i'm rarely sad or depressed. my kids haven't been late to school once, i get up in plenty of time to get them fed, clothed and out the door without rushing. i'm just sayin...

4 comments:

Julie J. said...

Girl! You took the words right out of my mouth!
I LOVE my bed. And the only way I like to wake up is when my body just wakes up on it's own. I hate getting woken up!
I could happily lay in my bed all day long and it has nothing to do with being sad or depressed, it's just a nice place to be.

Becky said...

I consider myself a morning person...but, I still love my bed. I feel the same way you do at night...so cozy!

I think I was just born a morning person...don't know how to develop it. But, taking a shower first thing helps me wake up and get going.

That's all I got.

I love your blog...especially Crusty Mondays.

Coral Gibbons said...

I love my bed too. I feel like a kid since I can't go anywhere without my pillows and blankets. That said, I don't necessarily consider myself a morning person (definitely NOT 5am-morning-person) but I now get up fairly early every morning. My attempts to be a morning person never worked until I decided to become old and go to bed at 10 to 10:30 every night. I just had to make sure I got enough sleep consistently and getting up stopped being a chore. It's hard to go to bed though, when you feel like it is your "me" time without the kids... I started thinking of my sleep as my "me" time.
(sorry for the long, drawn out explanation of my sleeping habits...)

Abrie said...

Well Emily,
I have come to the conclusion that some people simply are not morning people. This is why I work nights. It is easy to stay up until 5am...but not easy to get up at 5am! Sadly, I have no advice for you. I am the same way. Chantz is usually up before seven and he is put in his saucer in front of the tv while I go back to sleep. :)
Abrie