Wednesday, March 30, 2011

our first taste of spring on the coast

i looked up from my book for just a second to watch mace bolt for the ocean. it wasn't a normal run. it was like i could see his happy care free attitude in his little run. for just a moment a lump formed in my throat and i'm overcome with appreciation for my family and moments like this, that help form who they're going to become. i never thought, upon becoming a mother, that seeing my children content and worry free would make me so happy.

today's beach finds included jellyfish, huge sand crabs, a giant crab claw, and miscellaneous seaweed. sean found a "magnetic rock" that had attracted "magnetic sand." he was thrilled about his find, but mom wasn't too thrilled when he scratched his hand on the rusty hunk of metal.

nick helped the boys build a sand castle, but the tide was creeping and wiped it out in one shot.





i read my book for 2 hours and didn't even get my feet wet. i'm getting old. hey, at least i didn't forget my camera ;)

1 comment:

Joni and John said...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't insanely jealous. It supposed to snow here on Sunday. Kack....