Tuesday, October 26, 2010

this family is eating healthier!

so this past week, i've resolved myself to cook healthier for the family. i thought i was doing fairly well at cooking with more whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies, less meat, sugar and complex carbs.

all was lost today

when i passed a Krispy Kreme donuts and remembered we'd seen burgers on TV that were made out of Krispy Kremes. i think it was on Man vs. Food.

when Nick, the kids and I saw it on TV, I thought to myself, that doesn't look hard, i could totally do that! so i pulled into the drive-thru and bought a dozen donuts, came home and pulled some hamburger and bacon out of the freezer.

and here is our dinner....



the verdict?

i thought it was yummy!! and i'm not a burger person. the one we saw on TV had a fried egg. i
skipped that part.

guess i need to go back to my healthy cooking tomorrow.

okay, tomorrow afternoon.

after we eat the rest of the Krispy Kremes for breakfast.

3 comments:

flip flop mama said...

You're brave and creative! Spencer ate a Krispy Kreme chicken sandwich at the fair last year but I hear lots of people talking about the hamburgers this year. I'll have to tell him about this....

Julie J. said...

That is crazy. I try not to mix my sweet and savory. Unless it's pretzels and chocolate... Have you heard of the maple bar donut with the bacon sprinkled on top?

Parkin Family said...

That looks like heaven!