Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pictoral Life Cycle of a Loaf

In reference to my last post, I dove into my first California bread making. New kitchen... new humidity, new elevation, new oven and surroundings... I was a bit apprehensive, but.....

I'm lovin' me some baking time today!

Cant you just smell the freshly ground wheat?



Pre and Post 1st rise....



Pre and Post 2nd rise....



The warmth of the kitchen that carries the smell throughout our home.



seriously, is there anything better than the smell of bread baking?
or
a hot slice with butter and homemade jam?

5 comments:

Jamilla said...

Your bread looks so yummy, I think I might have to make some this week. I can almost smelling it in my head. Is that weird?

LGA Jones 06 said...

Yum!!!!! So, can I have your recipe? I need a good wheat bread recipe and just from the pictures I'm willing to bet yours is pretty darn good!
Abrie

flip flop mama said...

Yum! That's the problem with homemade bread around here is it rarely lasts past the warm, fresh out of the oven stage before it's gone!

sarah marshall r said...

Emily i so need your recipe!! please share.

Emily said...

http://emilysoven.blogspot.com/2009/02/whole-wheat-bread.html

Recipe is right here! Happy baking!