Thursday, September 23, 2010

a day in the life of Coop

"I had SUCH a bad today today!"

"It was the worst day EVER!"

"So kids lied to the teacher about something and I got in trouble."

"No one would listen to the truth!"

"I just want to lay in my bed all day."

"Mom, do you EVEN understand how bad my day was?"

After some tears and some time on mom's bed with a warm kitty and some chili cheese Fritos, his spirits were lifted slightly.... How to help him? Pullin' him out of this funk was proving to be a challenge.

We were walking down the hall and Cooper saw something outside. He says, "Mom! there is a note on your car.... It has an owl on it!"

So he runs out and retrieves said note and brings it to me.



(How CUTE is this??) I hand the note back to Cooper, "It's for you."

He reads it and gets this HUGE smile on his tear-streaked face. He starts to giggle and cant get it open fast enough.



Thank You for making Cooper's Day.

Incident at school is long forgotten and he cant WAIT for dad to get home so he can show him his letter from Hogwarts.

Sometimes things just happen at the right time.

4 comments:

Parkin Family said...

So sad and so cute!

Julie J. said...

Awesome! I've been waiting 10 years for an owl to drop a letter from Hogwarts off for me... What an amazing idea for a birthday party invite.
Now I want to have a Harry Potter Party.

Hanaike House said...

Well this post absolutely made my day!

Jade said...

I am glad you found me so I could find you again and put a link to yours on mine. Doesn't surprise me that Nancy's creativity came at the right time. There will be many more. I have spent the last 10 years trying to live up to great things that Nancy does. My kids love her and I don't have to wonder why. Cooper will have the best time at the party, guaranteed.