Wednesday, September 29, 2010

afterschool pears and bits of happiness

when they come home from school. they bring hungry tummies. they grab a snack and find a quiet corner to talk about recess wars and plan new lego towns to build.

i get a little nostalgic thinking about those days when i walked in the front door and was greeted by the warm safe feelings of home, by everything that's familiar, by the place to be myself.

as mom, i think about homework, piano, reading, chores and the other things that need to be done.

but today, i remembered. and now i cant bring myself to pop their shiny sunny bubble.

2 comments:

Parkin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parkin Family said...

I think this is the best part of there day! I did not realize it until I stopped working.....I missed so much with my oldest! Loved this post!