Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's great to be 8!!


Do I dare try to record my thoughts? Or will they be completely cheesy?

I'd imagine that Heavenly Father smiled today as his child took another step towards heaven. I'd imagine that there was singing as the angels recorded his name. I'd imagine I smiled through my tears while my sweetheart entered the water with him. I'd imagine that hearts were pricked with the sweet and happy spirit that was in the room.


Anyone who knows Cooper intimately, knows of his special spirit. He always wants to do what's right. He cares more about what God thinks of him than what his peers think (a lesson we could all use a little of). He made this decision on his own, and as his mother, I can confirm that he knows what he's doing, that he loves the Lord and more than anything, he wants to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. It makes me smile, because I know today, my eldest son took the first step toward happiness and peace.

:::For posterity::: We asked Cooper what it was like. He said, he felt different when he got the gift of the Holy Ghost. He went from feeling excited and nervous to calm and happy. (in the words of an 8 year old)

It was wonderful to see everyone that came. So many friends and family came in support and words cannot express how wonderful it was to share this experience.

1 comment:

Parkin Family said...

What a great day for Cooper!