Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday is Right

Let's mention our cute kitty who is patient when I try to capture her picture...


frisky kitty

hangin' with mom and dad after boys are asleep


Let's NOT mention Mason and how his new thing is to HIDE from the camera (unless of course I'm trying to shoot someone else, then he tries to edge his way into every shot)


almost got him!

i call this one "on contemplating paint and peanut butter sandwiches"

Let's NOT mention the fact that Aunt Flo visited today, thus making it an exceptionally Fat Tuesday. I made a King Cake to celebrate Mardi Gras (aka Fat Tuesday) and plunged my woes into this baby....

ps. little baby toy still not discovered! anyone want some cake?

Let's mention Cooper's in a play tomorrow and Thursday... guess what he is? His class has written an opera... it's pretty cute actually.


Let's mention that Cooper has decided for Lent that he's not going to play Xbox for a month. He told me this upon arrival home from school. They learned about Lent and giving something up for 40 days today. So he said he had to play as much as he could today to "get as much in" as he can.... lol, any bets on how long he'll last?

6 comments:

Buffy said...

i want some cake!!! I didn't get to make any this year due to wrist surgery and I totally missed it!!! hey...I home ALL DAY LONG every day....you could bring me some ;) ;)

It looks beautiful btw!!! GREAT JOB!!

Katie said...

Lent..I love it...too funny.

Jamilla said...

I bet he lasts 4 days and gives up. He will be playing again this weekend.

Becky said...

I will DEFINITELY take a piece of that cake!!! Looks so yummy!

lucy said...

You've always been such a fun cook. That cake looks amazing. Where's the recipe??

KATE said...

i seriously love that he's going to practice lent! hee hee and I celebrate Fat whateverday everyday sorry about aunt flo tho, she's the most unwelcome visitor!!