Tuesday, January 27, 2009

on a day in January


we were able to tour the new temple built in Draper, UT (if anyone is interested in going click here)

it was a special day for the boys. even though it was COLD!!!!!

they had the opportunity to look into the mirrors in the sealing room and learn that our family is forever and that when mom and dad got married in a room like this they were married for "time and all eternity" not "'til death do us part."

i love to be reminded of the love that the Savior has for my children. they pick up on things that i never thought they could...

upon arriving home and getting ready for bed, Cooper turns to me and asks, "mom, why does it feel like that in the temple?"
"like what?" i asked
"soft and warm, like inside my body, like i needed to whisper and just listen" he tried to explain.
"that's the Spirit," i told him, "it whispers to our hearts the things that are true and you feel it strongly in the temple because it's Jesus' house."
:::smiles:::

isn't it so cool that the church does this so that anyone in the world can come in the doors of the temple and see it before it's dedicated?

(this was our favorite new painting that hung in the temple, the artist's use of light is masterful! LOVE it!)

(frozen family)

10 comments:

Sandy said...

I can remember when we took our girls to see the Jordon River Temple open house. We waited in a long line for a couple of hours. No tickets were required, it was just first come first see and no waiting rooms. Julie was getting tired and kind of swinging on her fathers arm and she looked up and said, "Oh, there's my favorite angel."

Jamilla said...

That is a really cute picture. I can't wait to go see it for myself.

Reno Wells said...

I think the only thing I remember about going to the Jordan River Temple open house was putting on booties over our shoes. I am excieted to take my kids in a few weeks. Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

they dont do the booties anymore... they just have everything covered in plastic and it's totally noisy!

Julie J. said...

We went on Saturday. It was wonderful. Sam too was really well behaved and we could tell he was feeling it.

Buffy said...

What a great experience for you and your family! I really love that new painting...its stunning!

Becky said...

It's so cool how perceptive kids can be to spiritual things. I don't remember going to the Jordan River temple but, I'm with Julie...that' IS my favorite angel.

Parkin Family said...

You can feel the cold!

KATE said...

What a great day Em! I love that sweet Family Picture too!

Anonymous said...

Okay--you don't know me, but my family and i went through the openhouse a few weeks ago and my husband and i fell in love with this picture...do you know who the artist is or what the title is?
Thanks!