Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Afterschool Snacks....


Do your kids come home famished? I know mine do! Even though they just ate a few hours earlier. It used to bug me and I would ask them, "well, did you eat all your lunch at school?" In undertones they would reply shyly that they barely scraped the surface of their ever so-nutritious Salt Lake City school lunch. So I've resolved myself into a small after school snack.

Today's snack.

Popcorn (air popped and sprayed with Canola, with some salt)

Apple slices with dip (dip: 1 8oz cube cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, whipped)

Cinnamon Hot Chocolate (made with Soy milk)

YUM. I must admit.... I picked too.

Today, Sean built a snowman to watch us through our front window.

He comes to the back door to ask for a nose for this snowman.... How cute is that? When I hand him a carrot and watch his face light up, like it's Christmas morning all over again my chest jumps a little. It's these small moments that creep in ever so slightly into these snowy cold days that allows warmth to seep through the cracks. And of course, mom has to run for her camera.

3 comments:

Julie J. said...

Yum! We want to come to your house for snacks. Even I'll eat fruit if it's got something delicious to dip it in.
The snowman is seriously cute.

Kari said...

Healthy snacks that even sound good to me!!!! What can't you do?

KATE said...

I love the snowman & I love how excited they get about little things like that! My kids keep me in check daily with the little things that make all the difference!
You're a cute Mom!