Thursday, October 23, 2008

my favorite part of my favorite book

My favorite book? The Book of Mormon!

My favorite part? When Christ visits and blesses the children. As a mother, I've really learned to apprectiate my Savior and the love the He has for not just me, but for my children. He loves them more than I can imagine.

I love how in the Bible when the pharisees try to get rid of the kids He says, "suffer the children to come unto me, and forbid them not, for such is the kingdom of heaven."

Then, after He is resurrected, He visits the American Continent where He preaches to the people living there. After a while, He tells them that He must return to the Father. They are saddened and He stays a while longer, heals their sick and gathers the children around them, blesses them and angels administer to them!

He showed so much love and He is my perfect example! If only I can remember this the next time Mason dumps sugar all over the living room carpet....

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, Emily, what a wonderful way to start the day. Thank you. This is just what the general authorities tell us we can do to bear our testimonies through this amazing form of media. The opportunity is there and you took it. Have a good day.

Reno Wells said...

Or when Kelsey empties an entire tube of Desitin on the bedroom carpet. Thanks Emily!! I may have to print this post to put on my fridge, bathroom mirror, and the wall by my bed.

Julie J. said...

Beautiful. That music is perfect. I just got to teach this to the Valiant 11 Girls in my ward. The spirit in the room was amazing. I hope they remember it. I told them that when I picture myself there I think I would be running up with Sam in my arms, elbowing peopele out of the way just to make sure he got up there. I'm sure I wouldn't really in the situation. But thinking about it makes me feel THAT eager. Thannks.