Friday, September 5, 2008

Cupid's Arrow

over baked potatoes and green beans, cooper slams down his fork and says, "i just cant stop thinking about her!"

mom: "who?"

cooper: "chloe, this girl at school. i chase her around everyday at recess."

mom: "why?"

cooper: "i don't know, i think that i'm in love!"

mom: "uh oh, i think maybe you're too young to be in love."

cooper: "yeah, i know! it's going to be like twenty years before we can get married! i can think about her a LOT in 20 years."

mom: "what is she like?"

cooper: "well, today she was wearing a navy blue shirt and khaki skirt, and her hair is the same color as mine. she's really smart!"

mom: "make sure you only chase her if she wants to be chased, if she doesn't like it, then find something else to do."

cooper: "oh, she likes it! i think she loves me too!"

6 years old and it's starting already, one star-crossed 6 year old boy who is giddy and happy about a girl named chloe....

8 comments:

Janel said...

that's adorable, scarey, but adorable...I see it coming allready.

lucy said...

i may need a snapshot of this little gal. Aren't you curious? I always want to know what they look like and what they're personalities are like. I was really surprised when I saw K's first crush. I thought he'd go for the loud, confident, cutie but nope. She was totally docile, with a lacy dress, and shy. I was happily surprised.

RHS said...

that is awesome! so cute and funny....i love it!!

Parkin Family said...

Those conversations are my favorite part about being a mom! Too Cute!

flip flop mama said...

How funny!

Oh and I LOVE your new layout!

Julie J. said...

Sam had a girl he liked name Chloe when he was 6 too. He told her loved her and she whispered back,"don't tell anyone else!"

katieel said...

that is so cute that Cooper has a crush...

Buffy said...

Oh my gosh! This had me in stitches! That is sooo freaking funny! But I know, scary too! He is sooo cute tho!!!