Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm so DONE!!!!

I am SO finished with canning this summer! I don't think I could face one more empty jar!


On Saturday, some friends and I made a trip north to buy some inexpensive produce to can. We hit about 6 or so fruit and veggie stands and came home with quite a haul. We also went to Gossner Milk for shelf stable milk for our food storage and to the Pepperidge Farms plant in Logan.


Green Chilies



Black Bean and Corn Salsa



Green Beans



Apricot Pineapple Pie filling



and tomatoes.... my table is full, and no room in the pantry... hmmmmmmm



Earlier this summer, I canned chili Verde and some Triple Berry Jam (Raspberry, Strawberry and Blackberry) with my mom YUM!

Canning is such a wonderful, exhausting world of deliciousness!

4 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Holy cow, that's amazing! I've never canned anything...

Julie J. said...

You are amazing! the whole canning experience completely stresses me out. Good Job!

Sher said...

You are awesome! We need to talk. I just today got out my canning book and want to do some tomatos and beans but I have only canned once in my life and that was last year but with peaches. Maybe you can give me some tips!!! Email me: smrobinson00@hotmail.com

Janel said...

Awesome! I love canning-- :)