Wednesday, July 30, 2008

summer blues

This summer has been incredibly difficult for me. It felt as if I were hit with the, "holy cow I have three kids" hammer once again. Mason is in the throws (literally) of the terrible twos and very resistant to potty training or anything else for that manner. Cooper's out of school. The three boys have so much energy and want to be jumping and playing constantly. Sean who's curiosity and need to stand out don't help things much. We're still in a two bedroom apartment, and with me working it was just too much! I took a leave of absence from my job and was able to catch up on some things....

1. Quality time with my boys.... I feel that I've been so busy that I haven't been able to read or cuddle with them, or just give them that one-on-one that they so dearly need.

2. Quick trip to Colorado. We had to go out to pick up/drop off some stuff. I drove out, blinked, and came home!

3. Garage Sale!!! Which meant cleaning out EVERYTHING! AND sitting outside in this disgusting heat for 2 days. Things aren't completely back together but we're almost there! and my sunburn is healing n' peeling.

4. July 24th (Pioneer Day)-like last year I sold drinks and soda to make some money. I went in with my sis-in-law this year, so the haul wasn't quite as big, but worth it!

Next week, I'll be driving up north to hit all the fruit and veggie stands and get some more canning done.

Sean starts preschool in a week and a half. AND if Cooper gets into ELP (he's still on the wait list), he'll start on Monday, only 5 days away!

I COULD go to Lake Powell for a week, should I?

3 comments:

flip flop mama said...

I think life has a way of just slapping us in the face sometimes so that we slow down a little. Glad you're able to spend more time with your boys!

Julie J. said...

Sounds like a busy summer! You should come down and pick some of my moms apricots. We just made jam and syrup last night. Plus, then we could hang out!

Julie J. said...

I just tried to email you to get your phone number, but i got a delivery notification... email me julie536@gmail.com