Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lady fingers and hum dingers

Has everyone with little boys discovered Geo Trax? They are so much fun! We began collecting them starting at Christmas of '06 and the boys absolutely LOVE them and play with them for HOURS. Each train has a simple remote control easy enough for little Mason to work himself. And to be honest, they're fun for Nick and I too. Sometimes I wonder how many of the kids' toys we actually bought with them in mind. I get more excited about the toys than they do.




I found this delightful recipe and thought I'd give it a try. It was fabulous! SO simple and easy, and super yummy for a Spring day!




Mason's latest favorite shows are Caillou and Little Einsteins. Can I just say that after 4 days of singing "We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship!...." I feel as if I'm losing my ability to rock out, although Little Einsteins is much more bearable to me than Caillou.... who's completely annoying voice and laugh make me cringe lately. His perfect little life, mother and father are actually beginning to disturb me. Once I thought it was such a cute show, but Caillou's mom is actually making me feel guilty, like, "why cant I be such a nice mom?" Am I losing my mind being swayed to guilt by a lame kid's show?

2 comments:

Jamie J said...

I feel that way about Caillou too. I always wondered why his dad never went to work and why his mom always had such good ideas! I'm glad it's on at like 5 in the morning here so we don't watch it anymore. And I like Geo trax too!

Barbara said...

Caillou is a tool of the devil, made to cause perfectly loving moms and dads to feel guilty for not putting up with whining, and losing patience with their kids from time to time. But that's just my opinion. ;)