Monday, March 10, 2008

Celebration of Springing forward

Picture 029Sean and I sprang into spring by spending the night in the emergency room. Saturday night... I was just falling asleep when Sean came into our room gulping for air. I recognized the croupy cough and took him into the bathroom where I ran the hot shower. We spent a half hour in there and Sean began to feel better and was breathing okay. So we headed back to bed. After about 10 minutes he was having problems again so I took him into the night air, which also helped, but then again within 10 minutes of coming back inside, he was hysterical because he couldn't get enough air. So I threw him into the car and brought him to the ER. They x-rayed his throat and chest and gave him a steroid shot. This made a world of difference and by 7:30 we were on our way home. Of course, this was just in time for the other boys to wake up.... The lack of sleep didn't help me either since I had been running a fever since Friday. My fever kicked in with full force and still isn't gone! Cooper has been running a fever since last Tuesday. It comes and goes, but for the most part is sticking around. I'm really ready for Spring! I'm ready to play outside and go for daily walks! I'm ready to plant flowers and to play in the rain! I'm ready for the Easter bunny and Cadbury eggs! Now if we could only get healthy!

2 comments:

Jamie J said...

Glad Sean's okay! I hate that croupy cough! Sorry you and your boys are sick. It has been a rough winter for everyone! Get better soon!

lucy said...

I hope you guys are doing better now. take care