Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Cheer

My dollar store find....





The burn-down to Christmas I keep forgetting to use every year.... It's one of those homemaking projects that found it's way to the black hole (that every home has) ... and has suddenly emerged at the RIGHT time of year!
I just LOVE this time of year. Lately, I've been analyzing this. If you were to remove all of the commercial ascpects of December.... what do you have?
We don't need to wonder what makes it so special. We don't need to wonder why our thoughts are turned outward. We don't need to wonder why we want our families. Because, all of it is centers on the wondrous gift that we celebrate at Christmastime. The wondrous birth, the miracle and sacrifice of our Saviour. What a reason to celebrate. What more precious gift could we receive this time of year? It's my favorite present.... what's yours?

No comments: