Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dinner

What else is there to blog about in our basic, ordinary life? And since my total failure of a week, I haven't been too motivated to tell everyone what we're up to! So here is an update:

Nick and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We ate dinner at Training Table (with no kids), went home and played games (with no kids), slept in, (with no kids), made a yummy breakfast of Colossimus Sausages, eggs, pancakes and pineapple orange juice and ate it (with no kids). A relatively cheap, but relaxing way to spend some time together in our own home in our own bed. Thanks to Nick's mom for taking the rugrats!!


One positive thing that I have to report is that I have been a good girl on WW for the past 2 1/2 weeks strait (an absolute miracle for me, especially during Halloween!!!). Our mentor has been giving us different challenges every week and I'm happy to report that I've completed the last 3. I'm learning a lot about how my body reacts to exercise, dairy, sleep, lots of fruits and veggies... etc etc. Since sweets seems to be my downfall, I've limited my baking to once per week (Mondays of course for family night).


Last week I got my free iPod Nano!!! I did this deal with Key Bank where you get a free checking account and make a certain amount of deposits, etc, etc... and you get a free Nano!!! It didn't cost me one dime and I was so pleased to see that it was the new 3rd generation Nano!!! And I even got silver.... anyhow, that was one little positive in my week.

For dinner.... I had a leftover rotisserie chicken and tons of veggies in the fridge, so what else to do on a nice fall day? Chicken Noodle soup! AND I had sourdough starter in the fridge that needed to be used and replenished... so sourdough bread! I love sourdough!! I seriously could JUST eat that and be totally fine!

Before.....








After......





So how did I get from my lousy last week to what I made for dinner? I suppose its just a sum of how I feel right now. I believe that as a mother we switch in and out of "survival mode." We would go absolutely NUTS if we stayed in this mode always. We wouldn't progress, we would be stressed out and crazy. We would forget our worth, our potential, and ourselves. However, sometimes we switch "survival mode" on and just do the basics. Make sure the kids are clothed, fed and bathed. Make sure dinner is on the table and hubby is happy. Make sure house is clean and laundry is done. Once we feel this is under control (not perfect of course, but under control), we can relax a little, spend some time on ourselves, work towards being a better me, etc etc...
Last week, I was in "survival mode." I'm out now... I've actually showered and done my hair and makeup everyday this week. No more greasy ponytails for a while! I'm ready to tackel that new novel, I'm ready for more sincere prayer and scripture study, I'm ready to work harder on just being better!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

love it, em. me too.

Brooke said...

ps- that bread looks SO good.

Anonymous said...

I think you should be a writer for a woman's magazine on "How to Survive being a Mom" OR do a cooking show. Hey it's good $$$

katieel said...

Ahhh...bread. I miss bread. Sam and I have been doing the Atkins for 2 weeks now...it actually works which is great considering I've tried everything else....It's such and emotional thing to see weight come off....Congrats on your 6 years!