Tuesday, October 2, 2007

One of those moments...

those "shoot, I suck as a mom" moments...
Emily awakens, and goes to wake up boys...
MOM: "wake up boys, it's time to get ready to take Cooper to school!"
COOPER: "I'm too tired for school today."
MOM: "Too bad, you're going anyway, you can always take a nap when you get home."
COOPER: "but I really don't feel good."
Mom feels Cooper's head.... "you don't have a fever, you're going"
meanwhile... while eating breakfast at school.... Cooper puts his head on the table and closes his eyes. Mom tries to get him to eat, but he refuses. Mom walks Cooper to class, besides it's picture day, he can't miss pictures!!!
Mom goes home....
19 minutes later.....
the phone rings....
"Mrs. Gibbons, your son threw up while getting his picture taken"
lovely
Mom, feeling like a TOTAL loser for sending her TOTALLY sick KINDERGARTNER to school, heads back to retrieve her sick little man.
after returning home... he threw up 5 more times throughout the day.
and mom shampooed the carpets... 5 more times

2 comments:

katieel said...

I am sorry to hear Cooper is sick. That sucks. You know I never knew it was so handy to have my own carpet cleaner until after my boys had gastroenteritis last May. They did more damage to the carpets in 6 days that we did the whole time we lived there.

I hope he feels better soon.

Tinkerbell said...

That is sooo sad!!! Don't be too hard on yourself...with the information you had before school, you made the best judgement you could.