Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm totally addicted....

So Nick works nights... kids go to sleep at 7pm... I clean clean clean and sometimes finish up working... then, I'm always faced with 2-3 glorious hours of "me time." Alone with a clean house and my choice of numerous projects (currently Mason's quilt which is chugging along).

Anyhow, I've been getting "Gilmore Girls at the public library... all the seasons ... and watching them. I know I'm a total sap for sentimentality. It's a perfect girl-time show to watch, right up there with Steel Magnolias.
Doing this is making me lonely for a daughter! I love my boys to death, I mean, I've always wanted lots of boys. However, I think just one little girl wouldn't hurt the pot? Someone to go to chick-flicks with, make dresses for, and talk about boys with could be nothing but healthy for this mom who's starved for femine companionship. I have lots of girlfriends, but I don't have a sister or a daughter! Come on! It's high time I put in a request for one. I'm currently reading this book so when the time comes to have another, we'll see what the success is.
PS I need a haircut!

9 comments:

katieel said...

I feel you there Em, I think aobut having a girl too, but then I think...would I even know what to do with a girl. Scott and Cindi had 2 boys first and then Paige...I remember my Mom telling me that he said "she's just different Mom." We are thinking about trying again sometime next year...but of course...I need to loose weight and it sucks...oh well...to the Bowflex I go...

Brooke said...

i need a haircut too.

and we have some friends that are seriously considering "spinning" (the sperm? can i say that?) to try for a girl.

and, and, my sister modeled her choice of where to live because it reminded her of star hollow.

gotta love those gilmore girls. although sometimes i think they're just too darn witty!!!

but i suspend my disbelief and love every minute of it.

Tinkerbell said...

they are "too darn witty" which is why the show drives me NUTS!!! it's totally unrealistic that they'd have those witty comments for all the perfect moments...i don't think so!

Grant said...

Girls. Some guys make girls, some make boys, some both. I think the rougher the guy, the more likely he is to have girls or rotten boys. Myself, two little girls that will probably cause daddy to go to jail when they turn 16. But hey, if you won't kill to protect your babies, what good are you.

Emily said...

Katie, don't we ALL need to lose weight? It's the ongoing saga of motherhood. I just wish I didn't like to bake so much. If I didn't love to bake, I'd be sooooo skinny. well... maybe?

Rach, if you are looking for REALITY in television shows, then you probably shouldn't own a TV. You sound like my mother! And besides, I'd like to think that I'm just as witty. HA HA HA...

Brooke, Spinning sperm... I don't think I'm that desperate... YET! I wanted like 6 kids (which would probably turn out to be 6 boys), but I'll be lucky if I get a 4th. What about you? You mentioned that Brad... I mean... Aaron... thought you may be prego? Is it possible that a 4th is in your future?

Grant, Grant? is this the long lost half of my favorite set of twins? Maybe we should swap baby recipes? Your girls are lucky to have you for a dad! I'm not too sure about their someday boyfriends... don't be opposed to let them know you have a readily-accessible shotgun!

Tinkerbell said...

okay, i can understand that it's TV and not reality, but c'mon....it has to at least me mildly believable and that show isn't! at least not to me. and the affection between the mom and daughter make me want to vomit!! they act more like sisters than mother and daughter.

Brooke said...

of course you're just as witty. that's why you relate to it. rachel on the other hand...

i definitely want a fourth. just not now. three is hard for me. but then again i'm weak.

Brooke said...

rachel, you and marilyn are TOTALLY sisters!


(see? it is believable.)

Anonymous said...

I absolutly LOVE this show! I think they are perfectly witty. They remind me of my friends and sisters with the music they like and the comments they make. Sometimes I wish they were real as they totally could be one of my friends! I am so bummed as you will soon be Emily when you watch that final episode and wonder what will you do without your Gilmore Girls?!
Still in denial, waiting for the next season....Leigh