Thursday, August 30, 2007

Biting off more than I can chew

This sentence should be my personal motto... I take on too much, then I burn out and need to "reboot." Definition of reboot is to cut everything off and start from scratch... Usually consists of doing absolutely nothing for a week but sleep in, watch movies with the kids all day and hibernate.... Hibernation weather is coming soon! I can't wait for the fall colors to present.

Today was one of those reminder days that I like to bite off more than I can handle. I started the day by taking my 3 rambunctious boys to the fabric store. I know you read that sentence and thought, "WHAT are you THINKING? YOU MUST have a death wish!" Anyway, I survived and more importantly, so did they! Now WHY did I have to go do that today? wellll.....

Mason is about to move to a twin bed.... which means he needs some bedding... My mom gave me some cute fabric, so I decided to make a patchwork quilt for the topside and use the other fabric for the backing. I spent a few hours cutting out the pieces....






And a few more hours sewing the pieces... I got 10 out of 35 complete without any major hang-ups.



This used up a good portion of my day. Although I was able to make it to my book club tonight (thanks to my mom-in-law, the babysitter).

1 comment:

Tinkerbell said...

you are insane!!!! hopefully its as cute as your bedding.