Wednesday, August 22, 2007

August 22nd....

I thought that I ought to catch up since, I've just been so out of it.... I jumped the gun a bit on dragging out the Halloween decor... I stopped myself in the middle saying "Emily, it's too early, give it at least another 2 weeks!" Although, these lovely things managed to make their way to my stove top....

Today was the last day for free lunches at the park. I rollerbladed (is that a word?) over with Mason in the jogger and Cooper and Sean on bikes. I'm so sad that once again I'll have to budget for my kids' lunches....

The boys and I went and saw "Evan Almighty" at the dollar theater. I made strawberry candied popcorn for the venture... we had fun. The boys came home and slept.


Today..... I made spaghetti in the crock pot with home-grown tomatoes and squash. I also made Parmesan garlic french bread to go with it.... YUM!

So, as you can see, our lives are still the same hum-drum as always. We have been busy recuperating from illness, entertaining my mother as well as just enjoying our last few days of summer.
Nick started school again this week. He is going to be VERY busy. With 2 jobs and a full load of classes, we wont be seeing much of him. He's doing well at his job and he was just approached about a supervisor position (we're still tossing that idea around). I'm still working... how DO I manage to fit that in? We are still quite poor, but very happy.... and with that, I vow to update my blog regularly once again.

1 comment:

Tinkerbell said...

Wow! That bread is amazingly BEAUTIFUL!!! Send some my way, please!