Wednesday, July 11, 2007

unmanned watermelon and other lessons


With a 16-month-old you cannot leave anything unattended.... and I seem to relearn this nearly everyday. This third child especially seems to have a NO-NO radar. Anything that he shouldn't get into, he is magically drawn to. Go figure? I'm sure other moms will agree.
We BBQ'd steaks and potatoes, sauteed fresh zucchini and squash for lunch... with watermelon of course (what's a BBQ without watermelon?). It was a tasty way to spend the afternoon.

I realized why I've been grouchy for the past few days.... you would think that by the ripe old age of 21 that I am (hee hee), I would have figured out my cycle.... but no, it always catches me by surprise... and I always say to myself, "so that's why I ate nothing but chocolate yesterday and was biting every one's head off?!"
Live and Learn.... and learn some more....

2 comments:

Brooke said...

it ALWAYS sneaks up on me. ALWAYS.

and no, i'm not plugging panty liners...

Emily said...

lol, you crack me up... it's nice to know that I'm not alone. Maybe us carefree mom's are more prone to the "creep-up"