Wednesday, June 13, 2007

When you go to bake cookies and you find....

THIS!!!NO SUGAR..... :(

Then we must occupy the little ones with something else. I remember doing these "perler beads" when I was a child. Watching my kids do them brings a sense of nostaglia. Although, Mason has become quite the climber, making projects like this a wee bit challenging. He wants to be a part of everything, but at 16 months, he's more gusto than constructive.


The only drawback, is the end result is NOT as yummy as Snickerdoodles (my cookie of choice for today).
But when all is said and done, it's probably a really good thing that I don't have sugar in the house. In fact, I NEVER run out of sugar, I'm thinking, "What happened??" Maybe it's meant to be. I don't need to eat the cookies anyway. If I'd made them, I would have just eaten too many, and felt guilty. So, end result, I don't think I will buy more???

2 comments:

Brooke said...

wait, you're not buying more?

that sucks though, i always have ingredients... although today i had to run to the store and buy eggs MID recipe!

the things i will do for baked goods!

Emily said...

I THOUGHT about not buying anymore... it seemed like a good idea at the time... but I have since relented.

I'm pathetic, I can't go even a few days without baking. There is something therapeutic about taking a bunch of random ingredients to make something yummy that leads to smiles all around.