Monday, March 19, 2007

Camping and Mommyhood on the Brain


Cooper went camping with his dad this weekend. They had a great time. Cooper said that his favorite things were building a fire (probably more like playing in the fire), shooting dad's air soft gun, eating s'mores and building a fort.

Cooper is such a sweet boy. Anyone that knows him, knows that this kid is something special. He always wants to do what's right. We love him so much. I sometimes feel that because he is such a good child, he doesn't always get to be the center of attention. I don't have to follow him around to make sure that he's behaving himself. He usually is, I just don't have to worry about him (unlike some other children, whom I need not name). Hence, it was time for him to have some one-on-one time with his dad. I think it was much-needed time. Here is a video that Cooper made. I think that he is destined to be a talented director!?


And here is a video of the fort that Cooper and Nick built. I have a feeling that Cooper didn't help much?



Being alone with Sean and Mason was NO picnic. Mason is into EVERYthing and he KNOWs what drives his mom crazy. His favorite thing to do is pull all the DVDs down off the shelf. I'll grab the video camera the next time he does this so everyone can see what I'm cleaning up 5 times a day. Sean was also causing 3-year-old havoc and finding his way into things that he shouldn't. I woke up this morning with the body ache of a cold... Mason was crying in his crib and Sean had just "missed" the toilet once again, spraying his yellow gifts all over the wall behind the toilet. I'm thinking.... I miss the days when I could just crawl back in bed, pull the covers over my head and finish off that nice dream I was having. Somehow, I managed to pull the morning together, cleaned the kitchen and living room, put dinner in the crock pot, and worked for an hour. Oh yeah, and I did some shopping. Mason was in desperate need of some shoes and I was in need of some serious drugs for this cold I've got. I used to not believe in taken very many medications. The drugs just cover up the symptoms, but don't actually make you better. Well, now that I have kids to watch after, covering up the symptoms doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

And, with all this chaos going on, I'm still craving another baby... insanity? Who knows?? I do know that motherhood suites me. I may not be the best mom, but I'm definitely trying to be a better mom... everyday presents it's challenges and things will only continue to grow more trying and my boys grow toward manhood. I'm just grateful that they have a dad that takes an active interest in them. OKAY enough said.... good night!!!

No comments: