Thursday, January 17, 2008

101 things about Emily .... but only if you're really really bored

1. One time a spider fell behind my bed and I slept on the couch for 2 days.

2. I want a daughter

3. I have a clicking sound in my jaw.

4. I wish I had a reason to get dressed up formally... it just doesn't happen these days!

5. I used to have a female cat named "Bob"

6. In college I thought I wanted to be a Primatologist (a nickel for anyone who even knows what that is!)

7. I wear a size 10 1/2 shoe... try finding THAT!!!!

8. I totally want the game "High School Musical" for the Wii

9. I love Pokemon cards

10. I used to have fluorescent pink hair.

11. I love to go to church

12. I have 3 boys

13. Ear bud headphones KILL my ears

14. I love American Idol

15. I was a missionary in Japan.

16. I wish I were an early riser

17. I have nightmares that Hilary Clinton actually became our president :O

18. I love the smell of rain

19. I love the smell of baking bread

20. The star spangled banner makes me cry.... every time.

21. I was in the process of joining the Peace Corps (was going to be assigned to Tibet) when I thought, "oops, I haven't prayed about this one yet," 2 weeks after receiving a "NO!" I met Nick

22. I will find any excuse to go to Orson H. Gygi

23. I stink at snowboarding

24. I've just realized that I have a major caffeine addiction

25. Utah is not my favorite place

26. I loved the show "Sledge Hammer" actually, I still think it's pretty funny

27. I want a house

28. When browsing the TV channels, I stop at "Little House on the Prairie" and "Glenn Beck" and "A Baby Story" and "Dog the Bounty Hunter"

29. I'm a night person

30. I loved the movie, "Meet Joe Black" when everyone else HATED it

31. There was a time when I thought that ice blocking was cool and fun

32. I haven't decided if I'm ready for baby #4

33. Life stinks when you don't have a dishwasher and you're cooking 3 meals a day for 5 people!

34. I wish I could spend $100 on a cute pair of jeans from Banana Republic

35. I would eat popcorn for dinner every night if my family didn't need better nutrition

36. I want to travel

37. I want a karaoke machine but will probably never get one because hubby is not interested

38. I don't think it's possible to leave Costco more than $100 poorer

39. Culinary School... if I EVER have enough TIME and MONEY

40. I used to ride a motorcycle... even to church in my dress

41. I cant stand it when it's over 79 degrees

42. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. It's all about family and food... my two favorite things.

43. I don't want to be rich... just comfy

44. I want to see the northern lights someday

45. I hugged an Apostle of Jesus Christ

46. I should hug more often...

47. I love the kitchen

48. I love to play settlers of Catan

49. I think Michael Savage hits the nail on the head, most of the time.

50. I taught myself how to play the piano. I suck at it.

51. I want to built forts for my boys.

52. I loathe health insurance companies

53. I make my husband play Killer Bunnies with me at least once a week

54. I love to sleep in

55. I dug up my dead pet hamster when I was two, not understanding why he'd been put in the ground (for those of you who know Sean are probably laughing right now)

56. I want a huge round kitchen table someday

57. I love to bake.

58. I love to eat baked things.

59. I love to eat period.

60. But, I hate being fat.

61. I love down comforters

62. I was a cheerleader in high school (I can't believe I admitted that, it was a fluke, I was a total nerd and my entire squad was mean to me)

63. I've always wanted to have lots of boys! (as in giving birth to them that is!!!)

64. I have a secret love of furniture

65. I wish I had more energy, then I could actually exercise. (ha ha)

66. Dill pickle sunflower seeds.... enough said

67. I have a complex (in other words, I always think everyone hates me.... I've gotten better, but it's still there)

68. I don't like Vegas

69. It has nothing to do with the fact that I was married there... in a drive thru

70. I like Ska music

71. One of the first words that I learned how to spell was "Tchaikovsky"

72. I spent a semester at BYU Hawaii

73. I used to build "frog towns" in the dirt in my backyard as a kid.

74. My favorite color is green because it's the color of grass and trees

75. I cry on "Extreme Home Makeover Home Edition" EVERY time they see their new house... mostly because I'm jealous.

76. I love to rock.

77. I love the rain.

78. I love the snow.

79. I love the sun.

80. I love skankin' to the beat!

81. I think Utah has some of the world's worst drivers

82. I HATED elementary school

83. I HATED junior high

84. I HATED high school

85. I LOVED college!

86. I was in the "Gotcha!" club at BYU Hawaii, I got second place

87. There was a creepy old man on my street growing up

88. I thoroughly enjoy my Nintendo DS

89. I still believe in Santa

90. I'm sick of counting points

91. I think lightning is one of the most awesome things to watch

92. Half way through my Senior year of high school I had 52 absences.... I really did love the beach!

93. I love to shop.... but only when I have money... so basically, I love the IDEA of shopping

94. We finally got an IKEA near us!

95. I love to swim in the ocean

96. My husband saw a picture of me a year before we met.... no clue that he would one day be my hubby

97. I want a cat, but I'm allergic :(

98. I've found 2 four leaf clovers in my life.... I lost them both within the 1st hour of finding them

99. Recently, I've taken up snowshoeing

100. I'm still trying to convince my husband to make out with me on a Ferris wheel.... just something I've always thought would be unforgettable

101. This post took a few months to finish and if anyone made it to the end... I'm highly impressed! and I'm sure you're thoroughly bored, but HEY I had to post something!

8 comments:

katieel said...

Emily I loved reading these! with regards to #67. I NEVER hated you! I always thought you were the coolest when we were hanging out. I was so sad when you went away to college, although I loved getting mail from you (I still have some of the letters..in a box..somewhere in my closet..you know..you move and can't remember what box it's in.) I was sad that I didn't keep in touch with you when you went on your mission or afterwards, but I am very glad to chat with you now, even if it is through blogging. I suffer from this complex as well, and it does get challenging to get over sometimes...

For #80..I loved that Ska tape you made for me...until it melted
#81 When Sam and I lived in Utah when we were first married, we saw a car with the words written in large bold letters on the rear window of "I HATE UTAH DRIVERS" we laughed and laughed..because it's so true.

Just the other day Sam and I were talking about the "posse" we had when I was 17: you, me, Leigh, Rachel, and Lindsay..I told him about when we would all use our first and middle names when refering to one another...or walked around Girls camp with magic marker tattoos of: Keanu Reeves, Brad Pitt, Kelly Slater, and of course Lindsay's Rob Lay me.
I was remeniscing about when I first dyed my hair red..you remember Glints? I'm still dying my hair red to this day..of course that's probably why its getting thinner.....I loved your post

Jamie J said...

I did this a few months ago too and it took me FOREVER! I loved reading all the things about you! But what??? No mention of your awesome roommate??? :)

Emily said...

Jamie, you and Amy were the most awesomely fun roommates! I have such great memories... like roommate night... swimming at sunset.... "An Affair to Remember".... the sunset that we saw that made us cry on the hike with the Jeremys .... all totally fabulous memories... good days!!!!

Emily said...

Katie... there are some great memories there.... I don't think about those days much... but it's always fun to remember... I mean doing fortunes was CLASSIC! I wonder what fortunes would be like now that most of us are married???

katieel said...

fortunes! I completely forgot about those...too funny....

Tinkerbell said...

some of us aren't married and we're still doing fortunes! hehee....i taught all the teenage sorensen girls how to do them 2 years ago on a camping trip.

em, great post....completely enjoyed every second of reading all 100 things about you.

Brooke said...

i enjoyed it too. i love that you love to bake. there is just nothing like it.

(and ps: you did THE BEST fortunes. ever.)

Brooke said...

pps: tibet = that's amazing

ppps: i was the one everyone hated. definitely not you.